Woman Almost Dies After Head Swells Up Like A ‘Lightbulb’ From Hair Dye


Estelle, a 19-year-old from France, entire face began to swell briefly after dying her hair with a name brand’s store-bought dye.

via Twitter; Estelle

Allergies are a bit peculiar because the range of (chemical) reactions is so inconceivable to predict. The responses can be something as little as an abrasive throat or they can actually cause an individual to perish.

It, all depends on the extent of the allergy.

The craziest thing about allergies is that you don’t always know what you are touchy to. Estelle, 19, regrettably learned that the hard way.

via Primogif; ‘Lightbulb’ head reaction like

Estelle had performed a quick allergy test (like the packet recommended), however she only waited 30 minutes rather than the advisable 48 hours, and she totally ended up regretting her impatience!

She noticed that soon after applying the dye her scalp turned itchy and then it started to swell. She consumed some antihistamines hoping that it would terminate her reaction, though it just continued getting worse.

“My forehead had doubled in volume,” Estelle spoke to reporters. “My head was like a light bulb”. She was hurried to the hospital and after being administered another round of antihistamines and corticosteroids, she was discharged and sent home.


The reaction, nonetheless, just kept worsening!

At one point – Estelle’s tongue began to swell and she could not breathe adequately so she was rushed to another hospital to try it all again. Luckily for her, these physicians took her dilemma more seriously and admitted her. Her face continually grew and they shared photos to warn persons of the severe risks of dying your own hair.

The dye included a chemical known as PPD, which is extremely common in drugstore hair dyes, though Estelle’s reaction was evidently more drastic than average.

via Facebook

While Estelle has recovered fully, she desires other people to know the perils of PPD so no one else suffers.

“I almost died, I don’t want something similar to happen to other people,” she stressed.


Cute Dog Jump Kicks A Kid in the Head!

Doctors Swallow Lego Heads to See How Long They Take to Pass Through the Body



Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.