It is a lesson to dogs and owners alike. Dogs, stay out of random people’s stuff. Owners, keep your marijuana edibles out of the reach of your four-legged friends. Tony Costa posted a video to YouTube of his Siberian Husky. It seems Costa was having some friends over when they noticed the dog acted strangely. Come to find out, the dog had gotten into one of the friend’s marijuana edibles and ingested a marijuana-laced Rice Krispie treat. This poor dogs had quite a trip.
While the video is entertaining, Costa said he uploaded the video for educational purposes. He says he knew the dangers of animals ingesting drugs and thought the video might help someone else from making the same mistake. Costa shared his experience:
“After having friends over my roommate and I were watching TV when we noticed Loki, my roommate’s dog starts flipping out in his corner. He couldn’t control his muscles so he would twitch. This guy loves to get into things. After investigating we established that he had went into one of our friend’s bag and ate his rice krispie treat filled with marijuana. After contacting our veterinarian friends, we knew it was just a waiting game. We kept careful watch on him for the next 20 hours. The next morning he was still high and able to walk, by that evening he was back to normal running around. And today he is back to getting into things again, guess he didn’t learn his lesson!”
Yes, Costa made a mistake, but at least he had enough sense to call a vet for advice. He also comforted the dog and stayed by its side until the effects of the marijuana wore off.
Fortunately, this pet had an owner that took care of him and made sure to comfort him through the experience. This should be a reminder to all pet owners to keep things out of reach of nosy pets.