A weather reporter in Iowa was, like so many of us, interpreted by a Windows 10 update request. The segment was being broadcast live on Iowa’s KCCI 8 News.
Meteorologist Metinka Slater was startled by the pop-up. “Microsoft recommends upgrade to Windows 10,” she said, bemused. “What should I do? Don’t you love when that pops up?”
After her remote malfunctioned, Slater blamed Windows 10.
“Hmm. What’s going on with my clicker now? It’s that Windows 10, right? That’s what people are going to say. Don’t do it!”
Watch the amusing segment for yourself:
Slater isn’t alone in being frustrated by Microsoft‘s incessant attempts to get Windows users to upgrade their product. Some users have even reported Windows 10 installing itself without their permission.
Of course, raging at Microsoft is nothing new. In fact, there’s a whole litany of classic jokes to be had at their expense. To help burn off some steam, here are 10 great ones courtesy of Soumya Sengupta:
1) People say that if you play Microsoft CD’s backwards, you hear satanic things, but that’s nothing, because if you play them forwards, they install Windows.
2) The box said ‘Requires Windows 95 or better’. So I installed LINUX.
3) In a world without fences and walls, who needs Gates and Windows?
4) Microsoft: “You’ve got questions. We’ve got dancing paperclips.”
5) MICROSOFT = Most Intelligent Customers Realize Our Software Only Fools Teenagers
6) Windows has detected you do not have a keyboard. Press ‘F9″ to continue.
7) Use The Best…
Linux for Servers
Mac for Graphics
Palm for Mobility
Windows for Solitaire
8) Software is like sex: It’s better when it’s free.
9) Unix, DOS and Windows…the good, the bad and the ugly.
10) ACs are like computers- Both work fine until you open Windows!
You may also enjoy these related stories from our archives: