A Little Boy Just Made an Horrific Discovery in His Breakfast Cereal


A Little Boy Just Made an Horrific Discovery in His Breakfast Cereal
Source: Kaylee Tweedie, Facebook

Sorry to put you off your breakfast, but you should read this before tucking into your morning cereal.

A mom in Australia has shared the shocking discovery her child made in his bowl of Coco Pops online – a pill the four-year-old almost ate along with his morning meal.

Karlee Tweedie, from New South Wales, Australia, took to Facebook to share the grim finding and to warn other parents.

In a post, she said: “Everyone with kids who eat coco pops please be careful Alex was eating cereal and at the end we found a capsule in it has been confirmed the tablet is in fact duromine!”

A Little Boy Just Made an Horrific Discovery in His Breakfast Cereal
Source: Kaylee Tweedie, Facebook

Duromine tablets are prescribed to obese patients to help them lose weight, and work by suppressing the area of the brain that controls appetite, making the patient less hungry.

Karlie’s post has been shared over 3,000 times, with people verbalising their disgust in the comments.

“Oh that’s horrible!” one said.

“That’s shocking glad you had it Tested and identified,” said another.

Karlie told Nine News that she immediately contacted Kelloggs, with a representative for the company suggesting the pill could be Duromine based on the text on the tablet. It was then sent for testing.

Karlee explained: “My son had eaten his cereal and when he was at the bottom of the bowl he came in to me and goes, ‘Mum look'”.

“I looked in his bowl and there the capsule was. It was still together and when I lifted it out it mashed up.

“I’m freaking out for my son that he could have eaten it.”

A Little Boy Just Made an Horrific Discovery in His Breakfast Cereal
Source: Kaylee Tweedie, Facebook

A spokesperson for Kellogg’s said: “We’re in contact with a consumer who has let us know she found a tablet in her Coco Pops. The health and safety of our consumers is our number one priority.

“Along with manufacturing based on strict quality standards, we also have policies in place that prohibit employees bringing medications into the plant.

“We are doing a full investigation with our team and are staying in touch with the consumer.

“Based on the available information, our food on the shelf is safe to eat.”

You Might Also Like:

From Bugs To Bones: Common Gross Ingredients Used In Processed Food

9 Crazy Record-Breaking Food Challenges


Sophie Lloyd

Sophie is a cute feminist butterfly navigating the world one kitty meme at a time, or at least that’s how her best friend described her when she asked for help writing this bio. She likes cheese and one day hopes to be the proud owner of a corgi. For more of her random ramblings, follow her on Twitter/Instagram @_sophofbread.

0 Comments

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.