Post game analysis: What was everyone talking about online during Super Bowl XLVII?
A few days ago, we posted an infographic that broke down the social conversation heading into Super Bowl XLVII. Popular topics included Ray Lewis of the Baltimore Ravens, and 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh. Networked Insights, the folks who created the infographic, reached out to us again with updates on the Super Bowl social conversation as it happened during the game last night.
- Super Bowl XLVII saw more than 24 million social media conversations on Twitter, Facebook, et al. for the duration of the game.
- More than 6 million (about 32 percent) of social conversations were about Beyonce. We told you she caused that blackout!
- PSY’s “Wonderful Pistachios” was the most talked about celebrity ad appearance, and Amy Poehler’s Best Buy ad was the most positively talked about appearance.
- Of the top 10 most discussed ads, GoDaddy’s “Perfect Match” had a significant lead over the competition with 255,121 social mentions. But (and it’s a big but), the GoDaddy ad had, by far, the most negative reaction (-11% net sentiment).
- Conversely, Tide’s “Miracle Stain” came in seventh place of most discussed ads with 55,770 social mentions. But Tide’s ad had the most positive audience reaction with 59% net sentiment.
Also, your most tweeted hashtags during the Super Bowl last night were:
- #Clydesdales (Budweiser)
- #Doritos (Pepsi Frito-Lay)
- #CrackInStyle (Wonderful Pistachios)
- #CalvinKlein (Calvin Klein)
- #GodMadeAFarmer (Ram)
You can check out Networked Insights’ breakdown of the social conversation during Super Bowl XLVII below: