OkCupid has launched Crazy Blind Date, a new app which allows users to quickly and easily find a blind date. The app for iOS and Android is geared towards those who don’t want to deal with all the messaging or time that’s involved with current dating sites.
Here is how the blind dating app works:
- Download the iOS or Android app.
- Sign up with a username, enter basic details and snap a picture of yourself. If already an OkCupid user, you can skip this step.
- Choose times you have free, that you’d like to go on a Crazy Blind Date and pick the location.
- OkCupid will find the best possible matches in your area.
- Send a message to someone to setup a date.
Users can see basic information on potential matches such as name, age, sex and sexual orientation. Profile photos including your own are jumbled to fit with the idea that it is a blind date after all. After you’ve sent a message to someone, Crazy Blind Date will notify you when and if the person has taken you up on your offer.
An hour before the date is scheduled, chat functionality will open up so you can chat with your blind date. OkCupid is one of the world’s largest dating sites and although there are some obvious safety concerns, Crazy Blind Date puts a unique spin on blind dating.