Chill Launches Video Distribution Platform, Removes Middleman

Chill, a social video discovery platform, launched their new distribution platform today, called Chill Direct. It’s described as a “turnkey platform for artists to produce, own and distribute content directly to their fans.”

Anyone can upload their video content and charge for it. You can charge as low as $1.99, all the way up to $49.99. Like iTunes, creators keep 70 percent of all revenue while Direct takes the other 30 percent.

The direct-to-consumer model has taken off over the last several years. Such personalities as comedian Louis C.K. have really helped change the industry and further remove the middleman. This has resulted in far more control for artists and in many cases, more money in their pockets.

There are currently eight premium videos on Chill Direct. Here’s the list:

  • Maria Bamford: The Special Special Special!
  • Please Subscribe
  • Thank You For Judging
  • The New Kind
  • Battlefield of the Mind
  • Ari Shaffir Comedy Special
  • Julien Claire
  • Unknown Sender

To help protect artists, after uploading content to the service, they still maintain full ownership. Chill Direct is integrated with Twitter and Facebook to help promote. It also features tools to create a new Facebook page for example.

With their content API, creators can also get their work on such platforms as Amazon, iTunes, Netflix, and more. Chill looks to have a promising new platform. To learn more or sign up, go here.

Mike Stenger

Lover of technology, Mike often makes jokes that nobody laughs at.


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.