Vimeo has launched a new iPhone app that features a better design and interface. The app first launched in March of 2011 and the video site felt it was time for a big update.
If you don’t already have the app installed, you can download it here.
Here’s what you’ll find in the newest Vimeo iPhone app version:
- ‘Feed’ tab to check out videos from your contacts
- ‘Explore’ tab which is where you’ll find Staff Picks
- ‘Me’ tab to see your own videos
- Browse Vimeo Video School which is full of tips and tricks to creating great videos
- Discover other videos or search for what you’re looking for
- Watch videos you added to your ‘Watch Later’ list
The in-app video editor has been removed. However, you can still record and upload videos through the Vimeo iPhone app. To record a new video simply hit the blue and white icon between ‘Explore’ and ‘Watch Later’.
Warning: There have been reports of the new app freezing.
In showing off their own video skills Vimeo employees uploaded a rather interesting video to kick off the launch of the new app. Check out the Vimeo video attempt below and let us know what you think.