Dear Jazz, we are so, so proud of you. You’re a fearless, strong, and lovely young lady taking the world by storm – and you’ve barely just started. At fourteen years old, you are one of the most important faces to bring visibility to the LGBTQA community as one of the youngest transgender teens, and you do your tribe proud.
This newest development, we think, is going to add another feather in your well-plumed cap: word has it that TLC will be debuting a new reality show entitled “All That Jazz” this summer, and it’s going to focus on you and your lovely family. It will spotlight on your regular day-to-day experiences as a teenager — the excitement, the troubles, the drama, and the love — all seen through the lens of a transgender youth.
“Jazz’s story is universal, yet unique, and we’re proud to partner with her family to share it with TLC’s audience,” TLC General Manager Nancy Daniels shares. “Jazz may be known as an author and activist, but she’s first and foremost a teenage girl with a big, brave heart, living a remarkable life.”
Let us count the ways you’ve made the world a better place:
1) You have your own Youtube channel, JazzMergirl, where you share your thoughts as a transgirl, answer questions, and tute us on some cute DIY crafts.
2) You make your own silicone mermaid tails, and are currently putting them up for sale as an indie startup dedicated to helping other transgender youths with no place to go.
3) You’ve co-authored the children’s book, “I Am Jazz“, and transkids the world over now feel a little more happier and prouder to be who they are because of it.
4) You’ve become one of the faces for the NOH8 campaign. You look absolutely smashing.
5) You are the freshest face of Clean and Clear’s “See The Real Me” digital campaign, and the Internet lauded you and the company for it.
Keep shining, Jazz! You’re living proof there’s hope for the future.
You may also enjoy: