Each year, for the last ten years, CareeBuilder has comprised a list of “The Most Unbelievable Excuses for Calling in Sick” and they do not disappoint. This year’s list was ran through a Harris Poll from August 11 to September 5, 2014 from 3,000 employees and 2,000 hiring managers.
If you are going to call in sick to work, please…. PLEASE do not post about yourself doing something else, something ‘not sick,’ on social media. More and more employers are going to a employee’s Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, to verify if they are posting pictures of a bowl of chicken noodle soup or them suntanning at the beach.
Below are the top 10 Most Unbelievable Excuses for Calling in Sick”
1. I just put a casserole in the oven.
2. My plastic surgery needed some “tweaking” to get it just right.
3. I was sitting in the bathroom and my feet and legs fell asleep. When I stood up, I fell and broke my ankle.
4. I had been at the casino all weekend and still had money left to play with on Monday morning.
5. I woke up in a good mood and didn’t want to ruin it.
6. I had a “lucky night” and didn’t know where I was.
7. I got stuck in the blood pressure machine at the grocery store and couldn’t get out.
8. I had a gall stone I wanted to heal holistically.
9. I caught my uniform on fire by putting it in the microwave to dry.
10. I accidentally got on a plane.
[Photo credit: CareerBuilder]