Sandra Bullock surprised graduating seniors at Warren Easton High School in New Orleans for a heartfelt and wise speech. Full of motherly advice, the award winning actress, gave the Class of 2014 friendly, funny, and practical guidance.
After hurricane Katrina, Bullock has generously supported the school to help with the damage and her son, Louis, is from New Orleans. Not a shocking appearance, but a wonderful surprise for all those in attendance.
The highlights of Bullock’s speech:
- “Stop worrying so much.”
- “Raise the bar higher.”
- Turn on the music loud and dance – “You have to dance a little bit before you step out into the world because it changes the way you walk.”
- “Eat something green every day with every meal.”
- “Do not pick your nose in public.”
- “Hug someone with two arms.”
- “If someone doesn’t want to play with you, it’s okay.”
- “Go find your joy.”
Watch and re-watch. Do not just stop at the summarized highlights. Such a comforting and genuine speech that the seniors, family, friends, faculty, and now all of those attracted to its virality via the internet can enjoy. Bullock’s speech has been a Facebook top trend for two days in a row.
What do you think of Sandra Bullock’s advice? Share your comments below.
[Photo credit: Gage Skidmore]