LinkedIn revealed new profiles last week and have now brought great news to BlackBerry owners with a new app. The BlackBerry app has been neglected, considering that Android and iOS remain the top mobile platforms. It currently has just a two star rating in the app marketplace.
This new app is available for users running BB6 and BB7. Here’s some of the new changes:
- View job changes and new connections in your network.
- View news stream posts and top news from LinkedIn Today.
- Support for eight new languages: Spanish, Italian, German, French, Hindi, Portuguese, Dutch, and Indonesian.
- Improved Inbox with ability to respond to invitations and messages from one place.
- Ability to review profile, see who’s viewed your profile, share updates, and browse through connections while adding new connections.
- Various performance improvements and enhancements.
It’s been two years since LinkedIn has updated their BlackBerry app. The social network confirmed that they’ll be coming out with a BlackBerry 10 app next year. In August of 2011, both the Android and iOS app received a similar update that brought far more functionality.
Although BlackBerry users get a bad rap, they still represent a decent chunk of LinkedIn’s audience and haven’t been forgotten. You can download the latest app by going to BlackBerry App World on your phone or online here.