Oral sex is appropriate on the first date, at least according to 39 percent of single men surveyed in a recent Match.com study. In the same study only seven percent of women agreed.
The Match.com fourth annual “Singles in America” survey assessed the attitudes of behaviors, sampled from nearly 5,300 US singles – between 18 and 70. It was conducted in the latter part of 2013 by Research Now in association with anthropologist Helen Fisher and evolutionary biologist Justin R. Garcia of the Kinsey Institute for Research in Sex, Gender and Reproduction at Indiana University.
Just a few notably interesting findings:
- Match.com found 85 percent of men felt kissing was appropriate on a first date versus 70 percent of women.
- But when it came to intercourse, the breakdown was 37 percent of men and eight percent of women thought going all the way was ok.
- Of those polled, 65 percent of men and 69 percent of women managed to agree on an ideal time of day to engage in sexual activities – 10 p.m.
- While most singles (63 percent) reported having sex in a car, 50 percent would want to try it on a boat.
- 62 percent of singles stated they wanted to have more sex in 2014.
- Only 15 percent of men and 12 percent of women said they wanted sex on a daily basis.
- When it came to the big O Match.com says 41 percent of redheads achieve orgasm 90 percent of the time (blush). As a natural redhead, I’ll simply say nothing and move along.
- Oddly, singles with Android phones also achieve orgasm 90 percent of the time. The terms of how they derived that stat were not disclosed. But did I mention I own an Android phone? Never mind.
- Quixotically, 89 percent of respondents believe there is a happily ever after.
- 41 percent of gay men want to get married versus 43 percent of lesbians.
To see a further break down of the First Date Decoded, as part of the “Singles in America” study visit Match.com’s blog.
I digress, back to the oral sex.
Based on the dating survey results, nearly 4-in-10 single US men believe oral sex is appropriate on a first date. And with everything seemingly being done online these days, including dating, perhaps it is no surprise, in this tech obsessed society, there’s an app for that too. The Lick This app teaches oral sex via phone-licking.
Lick This, a new App by San Francisco-based team “Club Sexy Time,” promises the means for users to hone their cunnilingus skills by licking their smartphones, says the Huffington Post. The app does not require a download; apparently you just go to lickthisapp.com on your mobile browser and start tonguing away at your smartphone screen.
As someone who has studied microbiology, I will say this. If you consider practicing oral sex with your phone, play safe. That thing is likely dirtier than your toilet seat and household doorknobs.
[Photo Credit: ardenswayoflife]