Instagram started introducing ads towards the end of 2013, and today the social network announced an official handbook for brands.
Simply titled “The Instagram Handbook for Brands,” it’s a physical book that includes case studies from 11 different brands.
“The book also features Instagram’s brand values and ten popular hashtags that highlight the collaborative creativity within the Instagram community, such as #chasinglight and #thingsorganizedneatly.”
The social network has yet to share any details on when the book will be released, but says it will highlight content from the book on its blog.
To get things started, here are five tips:
- Be true to your brand – Ensure that your imagery expresses a clearly defined personality and voice.
- Share experiences – Offer a view into the world or lifestyle that your brand makes possible through the eyes of the people who use your products and services.
- Find beauty everywhere – Show how your company sees the world and make it meaningful to people.
- Inspire action – Start a movement around your brand, whether that means inspiring people to capture photos while running like the #runfree campaign from @nikerunning, or to celebrate a delicious yogurt concoction, as @chobani has done with their #creationaday hashtag.
- Know your audience – Learn what people love about your brand, and explore how can you capture the imagination of new customers.
According to a recent infographic, the top 50 brands on Instagram are most followed by women.