Facebook has collected data from its network to conclude that 50 million football fans engaged in 185 million interactions during Super Bowl XLVIII.
Over the last year Facebook has really been touting its ability to engage in real-time communications about live events. Tracking live events is an area dominated by Twitter.
According to the social network, 50 percent of the Super Bowl’s viewing audience chatted about the event on Facebook.
Top 5 Most Discussed Plays During Super Bowl XLVIII
- Percy Harvin opens the 2nd half with an 87-yard kickoff return for a touchdown
- Jermaine Kearse catches a 23-yard touchdown pass to extend Seattle’s lead
- Malcolm Smith intercepts Peyton Manning and returns it for a touchdown in the second quarter
- The final whistle blows, giving the Seahawks their first Super Bowl crown
- Demaryius Thomas scores Denver’s first and only touchdown
The social network also released a map of the United States which reveals team support by state and counties.