Pinterest recently helped to drive more sales on Cyber Monday, and according to a new study, the social network helps to reduce the stress of holiday planning.
Marketing research company Lab42 surveyed 500 adult Pinterest users in the U.S. from November 13 to November 14, and were the findings:
- 43 percent have a holiday board.
- 54 percent of users are more active, and spend longer periods of time during the winter holiday months.
- DIY Crafts is the top category during the holidays, followed by Holidays Events and Food Drink.
- 66 percent of respondents said they are “very satisfied” with the collection of winter/holiday themed ideas.
- 92 percent said that Pinterest makes holiday planning less stressful.
- Pinterest helped 83 percent to try new recipes, 74 percent with gift ideas and 64 percent to create their own holiday decorations.
- 74 percent have shared an idea from the social network with a friend or family member.
- 59 percent have bought something on Pinterest during the holiday shopping season, and 19 percent spend more during the holidays thanks in part to Pinterest.
- 70 percent who follow brands on Pinterest say they feel more connected to the brand.
Has Pinterest played a big part in your planning for the holidays? To learn more, you can check out the infographic below.