Today is Giving Tuesday, a day to raise awareness for charities and give back after major shopping days, and Google+ is currently hosting a live Hangout-a-thon.
According to the Official Google blog, here is what users can expect:
- Connect with people engaging in relief efforts on the ground in the Philippines through Save the Children and UNICEF
- Join conversations with the founders of Warby Parker and TOMS about gifts that give back, moderated by our partner Mashable
- Get inspired during a morning yoga tutorial with the Africa Yoga Project in Kenya
- Hear how the Malala Fund is working to promote education as a peace-building tool in developing nations
- Participate in a quick coding lesson from Code.org, Girls Who Code and Code2040 and learn what you can do to support digital literacy
From the Google+ events page, users can donate directly to charities in the sidebar:
The Google+ Hangout-a-thon lasts until 9PM Eastern, and Google encourages downloading its One Today Android app which highlights a different charity every day.