Hang w/ is a mobile app that enables you to host quick live streaming sessions, and the service has released a major update to iOS.
Since launching in March, the app has been downloaded over 600,000 times, and in October, received an investment from rapper 50 Cent.
Here is what users can expect in version 2.0:
- Improved video and audio quality
- Live simultaneous streaming to Facebook and to the web
- #hashtags to allow for custom content channels and deeper Twitter integration
- 3, 6 and 9 minute broadcasting options
- “Coins” for the eventual purchase of digital content and digital goods
- Simplified archives for easier access
- A new robust moderation/monitoring platform and user privacy controls
- Extensive integration of iOS7 functionality
The update is currently available on iOS, and Hang w/ says version 2.0 for Android is currently in development.
From President and Chief Creative Officer Dave Swartz:
“We took a product that the market clearly embraced – and brought it to a whole new level. The user experience is simplified and a handful of really cool new features have been added to the mix. Everything in 2.0 was a request, and sometimes a demand, from our users – and from the early beta reactions we’ve gotten so far, we think people are going to love it.”
To learn more about Hang w/, you can watch the video below.