IFTTT (If This Then That) is a popular tool that helps automate the sharing of information between many services, and today finally introduced Facebook Groups support.
Found on the very first page under “Channels,” here are some of the things you can do with IFTTT:
- Say “Hi” and welcome new members to your Facebook Group
- Follow the latest posts in a group from your inbox
- When a new event is added to your group, add it to Google Calendar
- Post links to your new YouTube videos to your group
- When a video is posted on your group, upload it to Tumblr
- Receive a text message when someone posts in the group
- Using a specific hashtag, new Instagram photos will post to your group
With the addition of Facebook Groups, IFTTT now supports 76 different services.