Facebook currently has 25 million small business pages, and according to a new infographic, 79 percent of users “like” a page over discounts or incentives.
Titled “Cyber Monday Goes Mobile,” Ampush created an infographic around the major online shopping day, and included some stats about Facebook.
One in three users have purchased a product after liking, commenting or sharing, and there are 3x more purchases through Facebook Exchange Ads.
According to data from 2012, 78 percent of U.S. smartphones have Facebook installed, and 46 percent of people use the social network while shopping or running errands.
Facebook is the top online platform when it comes to influencing the purchase of baby products, and 45 percent of moms are more likely to make a purchased based on recommendations via social media.
Social media sharing helps to drive a 45 percent lower cost per purchase, and Facebook Ads with a photo had a 5x higher ROI.
Here are some other interesting stats:
- Cyber Monday 2013 is expected to generate over $2.2 billion in sales, up from $1.465 billion in 2012.
- Toys and hobbies are the top two categories for shopping on the big day.
- 47 percent of shoppers want a coupon sent to their mobile phone while in a store or nearby.
- 72 percent of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
- 1 in 3 women are influenced by special offers on Facebook.
- 97 percent of consumers deem delivery tracking “essential.”
- 44 percent are more likely to shop if they can buy online, and pick-up at a nearby store.
- 75 percent of shoppers have added more products to their online cart to qualify for free shipping.
If a company offers you a discount, are you more likely to connect with them on Facebook?