The Hunger Games: Catching Fire hits theaters November 22, and according to social monitoring company Digimind, 88 percent of online chatter is happening on Twitter.
Over the past week, the company analyzed online conversations around the upcoming movie.
Here are some of its findings:
- “Tickets” is the fourth most mentioned word surrounding The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, followed by “waiting.”
- Discussion about the movie peaked on November 18, the date of its red carpet premiere in Hollywood.
- Jennifer Lawrence is the most discussed actor coming in at 53 percent of total social media mentions.
- Josh Hutcherson came in at 25 percent of total mentions, and Liam Hemsworth at 20 percent.
- Delivery Man starring Vince Vaughn also comes out November 22, but it only accounted for 14 percent of total social media mentions compared to 85 percent for The Hunger Games.
Sentiment of the discussion around The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is 25% negative, likely due to ongoing Twitter battles between the “Twi-hards” and THG fans. Also contributing to the negativity may be the recent Liam Hemsworth/Miley Cyrus split.
Liam’s dating life appears to be more interesting than his upcoming role in the movie with “new girlfriend,” “miley cyrus” and “eiza gonzalez” the top three Google searches related to his name.
If your memory is a bit hazy on the first Hunger Games movie, we recommend watching this reenactment by cats.