Facebook exceeded analyst expectations in Q3 2013, posting revenue of $2.02 billion, and earnings per share of 25 cents.
Net income was $425 million, and almost half of its income, 49 percent, was directly from mobile advertising.
Here’s the breakdown of active users in the third quarter:
- Monthly active users – 1.19 billion, up from 1.155 billion in Q2.
- Daily active users – 728 million, up from 699 million in Q2.
- Mobile monthly active users – 874 million, up from 819 million in Q2.
- Mobile only monthly active users – 254 million, up from 219 million in Q2.
- Mobile daily active users – 507 million, up from 469 million in Q2.
Year-over-year, revenue has increased 59 percent from $1.262 billion, and monthly active users have increased by 182 million.
In after hours, Facebook stock is currently hovering around $54, up from a close of $49.