Facebook is at the forefront of our fake farming epidemic, and according to a survey published in September, 48 percent of users quit over privacy concerns.
However, The Onion published its own survey today, and it appears that privacy issues are no longer a big reason for leaving Facebook.
Receiving almost 9,000 likes and over 1,000 shares, here were the main reasons people fled:
- Discovered how to “like” things mentally – 27 percent
- Committed 671 birthdays to memory – 19 percent
- Family in feud with Zuckerbergs – 17 percent
- High school friends all dead now – 15 percent
- Not enough politics – 12 percent
- Ex is doing too well – 10 percent
Poking other Facebook users will surely be missed, but poking someone in real life is equally entertaining, and annoying.