Flipboard hit 85 million users in what seems like just the other day, and the company now claims it surpassed 90 million users.
This means the social magazine has nearly doubled its user base from 53 million back in April, and could easily hit the 100 million user milestone by year’s end.
Flipboard released an infographic to celebrate the milestone, and shared some interesting stats:
- There are over 90.1 million users and growing.
- 56 percent are male, 44 percent female.
- 57 percent of users are married.
- 86 percent have a college education or higher, and 52 percent earn over $100,000 per year.
- Users flip seven billion pages per month, an increase of one billion from April.
- With brand magazines, readers flip up to 40 pages and 10 percent subscribe to the most engaging.
Here are the top advertisers by industry:
- Retail – 21 percent
- Auto – 14 percent
- Finance – 14 percent
- Technology – 12 percent
- Travel – 9 percent
- Electronics – 5 percent
- Telecom – 5 percent
- Entertainment – 4 percent
- Sports – 4 percent
- Media – 3 percent
- Other – 9 percent
According to Flipboard, 49 percent of advertisers renew.
Here are the most viewed luxury brands on Flipboard:
- Louis Vuitton
- Mont Blanc
- Four Seasons
- Estee Lauder
- Land Rover
Last month, Flipboard raised $50 million in new funding, giving it an estimated valuation of $800 million, up from a $200 million valuation in April 2011.