Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg has doubled his personal wealth in the last year. His massive increase in personal fortune has placed Zuckerberg back on the top 20 Forbes list.
Zuckerberg watched as his 2012 personal fortune of $9.4 billion increased to $19 billion.
Prior to the Facebook IPO in 2011 Zuckerberg was already among the top 20 richest men thanks to the popularity of his social network.
Based on Facebook share prices Zuckerberg had the largest year-over-year increase in net worth. Zuckerberg also had the largest personal wealth drop in 2012.
Facebook over the last year has placed more emphasis on mobile features and witnessed a massive increase in users for its Instagram platform. Instagram now serves more than 150 million users. Last week Facebook stock hit an all-time high of $45.
The Bloomberg Billionaires Index places Zuckerberg’s personal fortune even higher at $21.7 billion.
Here is the current list of the 10 richest men in tech:
- Bill Gates: No. 1, $72 billion
- Larry Ellison: No. 3, $41 billion
- Jeff Bezos: No. 12 , $27.1 billion
- Larry Page: No. 13, $24.9 billion
- Sergey Brin: No. 14, $24.4 billion
- Mark Zuckerberg: No. 20, $19 billion
- Steve Ballmer: No. 21, $18 billion
- Michael Dell: No. 25, $15.9 billion
- Paul Allen: No. 26, $15.8 billion
- Charles Ergen: No. 32, $12.5 billion
Do you think Mark Zuckerberg’s fortune will remain or is Facebook headed for trouble?