If you are one of the millions of Twitter users who are using the Vine platform you are not alone. According to a new study by video technology company Unruly the number of Vines have doubled over the last two months with nine Vines posted per second.
According to Unruly, Vine was experiencing just five uploaded videos every second in April.
The video platform allows users to upload six-second video loops and then share them with the social web. Currently 13 million Vine users take advantage of the Twitter-owned platform.
The platform is especially successful among brands. The study finds that branded Vines are four times more likely to be shared than video ads. The study also finds that mobile data traffic is set to increase 13-fold between 2012 and 2017
Unruly is most interested in the Vine platform because of a new end-to-end social video product set the company launched today for brands. The new product allows users to evaluate Vines for shareability and effectiveness.
According to Unruly COO and co-founder, Sarah Wood:
“Vine and other platforms, most recently Instagram, are leading a revolution in social video sharing. Mobile video consumption tripled in 2012; video is the fastest growing ad format worldwide and Vine is changing the social video landscape, six seconds at a time. Advertisers can get ahead of the competition, grow their social footprint and extend their mobile reach by including Vine as part of an always-on content marketing strategy.
“Brand marketers who are serious about their content marketing strategy understand that there’s more to social video success than a YouTube view count. The social video ecosystem is developing rapidly to meet changing consumer habits and brands can now embrace a multitude of platforms across a fragmented media landscape to reach and engage their audiences wherever they’re discovering and sharing videos.”
Using the Unruly platform Brands and agencies can now:
- Create Vines – Unruly is building a network of ‘Vioneers’, experts in Vine content creation who can partner with brands to create Vines and re-purpose their longer-form videos;
- Evaluate Vines – Advertisers can use Unruly ShareRank™ to test the ‘shareability’ of their Vines pre and post launch;
- Distribute Vines – Unruly has launched a Vine app and a Vine Social Video Player so that advertisers can now distribute their Vines across the social web to Unruly’s audience of 978 million global unique users;
- Optimize Vines – Brands can optimize their Vine campaign performance by using Unruly’s Dynamic Creative Optimization technology to automatically display the best-performing Vine by campaign KPI;
- Measure Vines – Brands can track the social success of their Vine creatives and compare it to other Vine and video creatives in seconds using Unruly Analytics™.
You can read more about Unruly’s Vine product set here.
Research data for this post was gathered from June 1 to June 20, 2013. Data was sourced from Twitter querying Vine links. Data points were collected using Unruly’s proprietary technology.
Are you surprised by Vine’s meteoric rise in just two short months?