The proposed Dumb and Dumber sequel, the aptly-titled Dumb and Dumber To, is apparently moving forward. The Farrelly Brothers confirmed the news Tuesday on Twitter.
News of the project first surfaced way back in 2011. Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels both expressed interest in the sequel, though a lack of interest from Warner Bros. reportedly forced the Ace Ventura star to drop out.
Last year, Daniels revealed Carrey was still interested in the project. The Farrelly Brothers said they were happy with the script, which apparently doesn’t deviant too far from the formula introduced in the 1994 comedy. The sequel fans had been hoping for was finally coming to fruition.
Unfortunately, the follow-up hit a serious snag when Warner Bros. decided to pass on the project. Although the sequel appeared to be down, it wasn’t exactly out for the count.
While Warner doesn’t want Dumb and Dumber To, apparently the folks at Universal and Red Granite Pictures want it to happen. The Farrelly Brothers confirmed on Tuesday the sequel has been given the proverbial green light by the studio. Harry and Lloyd are headed back to the big screen for another adventure.
New Line Cinema created a prequel to the original flick a few years ago. Dumb and Dumberer was eviscerated by just about every person on the entire planet. Except for this guy, that is. I also own a copy of Freddy Got Fingered, which probably says more about my taste in movies than I care to admit.
— Farrelly Brothers (@farrellybros) June 18, 2013
Want to win a walk-on role in Dumb and Dumber To? The brothers tell you how.
Using #DumbTo, tweet us a Vine created scene from Dumb and Dumber. Our favorite submission may get a walk on role on Dumb and Dumber To! P
— Farrelly Brothers (@farrellybros) June 19, 2013
Are you looking forward to the Dumb and Dumber sequel?