RadiumOne has released a new update for their popular PingMe app, which seems to improve greatly upon earlier versions.
When PingMe debuted, it didn’t get the best reviews. But RadiumOne has continually tweaked the app, with Version 3.0 improving on previous releases in almost every way.
If you’ve never heard of PingMe, it’s a lot like Tinder or Skout except that it includes quite a few extra bells and whistles. PingMe’s latest version claims to bridge the gap between the privacy of mobile messaging and the broadcasting of social apps (with a dose of renovated people discovery).
PingMe allows users to get to know others they have not yet met in person through questions, interest-sharing, etc. With over 3 million users in the PingMe community, you never know who’s around the corner. The app also includes pretty seamless Facebook integration, which is a nice plus.
Here are some new features for PingMe Version 3.0:
- Connect With Interesting People Nearby: Utilizing geo-location capabilities, discover and connect with people that share your interests and have great opinions on the things you like most.
- See Your Friends on a Map: Want to know where you’re friends are when you’re messaging with them? Their location is now just a click away.
- Get Instant Advice: Ask questions and receive instant feedback from friends or other interested PingMe users.
- Start Private or Public Conversations: Create groups like “Friends” or “Family” and start conversations with an individual group or the entire PingMe community.
- Message Individuals or Groups: Organize your contacts into groups and send messages to the people that matter most. Fantasy sports trash talking just got a little more fun.
- Receive Instant Notifications: Never miss a friend’s comment. PingMe tells you when someone interacts with your message, even when it’s closed.
You can check out the latest version of PingMe Messenger here. It’s definitely worth spending some time with, and it’s free, too. Let us know what you think of it in the comments below.