Facebook Stories Launches 2012 Year In Review, See Your Biggest Moments
Facebook Stories documents people using the social network in extraordinary ways, and with the newly launched 2012 Year In Review, you can see your biggest moments this year.
Heading over to FacebookStories.com/2012, you’ll see a big photo that says “See Your 2012 Year In Review.” Clicking the photo will take you to a personalized page with popular posts, big life events, and more.
At the very top of the page, the background automatically updates with images you were tagged in this year. Below that you get a quick glance at how many friends you added and how many pages you liked in 2012. Scrolling down, you get to see your own Facebook Stories from photo albums to new friendships and more.
You can share your biggest moments in 2012 with friends by clicking the blue “Share” button at the top or bottom of the page. Heading back over to the Facebook Stories 2012 site, the social network examined top trends of the year.
Trends in the US are split into 11 different categories and here are the number one trends in each category:
- Memes – TBH (To be honest)
- Events – US Presidential Election
- Most Listened to Songs – We Are Young (feat. Janelle Monáe) – Fun
- Movies – The Hunger Games
- Check-Ins – Times Square, New York
- Public Figures – Barack Obama
- Most Read Books – The Hunger Games #1
- Technology – Instagram
- Politics – Barack Obama
- Television – Duck Dynasty
- Sports – New York Giants
Facebook Stories also examined the top trends of 2012 in other countries. Here is what was most talked about:
- Australia – One Direction
- Canada – The Hunger Games
- France – François Hollande
- Italy – Terremoto
- UK – London 2012 Olympics
There were quite a few Facebook Stories this year and with the social network boasting over 1 billion users, there are sure to be many more in 2013.