Facebook Gifts Shipping Wine, Now Available In All Parts Of US
Facebook Gifts announced new retail partners on November 16, 2012 and some of those partners include wineries. Facebook users can now buy and send wine to their friends in the US. Here are the current wine partners:
- Amuse Bouche
- Capture Wines
- David Family
- Domaine Chandon
- Goose Cross
- Mutt Lynch
- Tasting Room
- Terra Valentine
- Twisted Oak
- Wine Country Gift Baskets
One big concern when adding wine as part of Facebook Gifts was making sure the product doesn’t get into the hands of underage kids. To remain compliant only users 21 years or older will be able to see wine as a gift option. If you’re under 21, someone over 21 cannot send you wine.
Wine partners are taking precautions a step further by working with ShipCompliant, a company that verifies a user’s age before shipping and checks their identification upon delivery. Looking at the selection of wine, a bottle will cost you anywhere from $14 to $100.
You can also buy a glassware set, wine and food pairing package, or a red wine tasting set.
If you have access to Facebook Gifts, here is how to send wine:
- Visit the profile of a friend you want to send wine to.
- Where you’d write on their wall, you’ll see a gift icon.
- Click the gift icon and then “See More Gifts.”
- A window will pop-up and where it says “Recommended Gifts,” select that and choose “Wine.”
- You can choose from several options and once you’ve made your choice, click “Next.”
- Add a personalized message and then review your order to finalize the purchase.
Facebook Gifts recently added iTunes gift certificates to the list of products you can send.