Facebook Gifts received a new addition today with the ability to purchase iTunes gift certificates for friends. Users can recommend what to buy during their purchase and credits are available in multiple increments: $10, $15, $25, and $50.
Since iTunes gift certificates are completely digital, your friend will get access to them instantly.
How the buying process works is simple:
- If you have access to Facebook Gifts, go to the profile of a friend you want to buy for. Where you’d go to post something on their profile, click the gift icon.
- Click “See more gifts” if the iTunes credits don’t appear and select them once you’ve found them.
- Choose your increment and above you’ll see “Step 2: Add Message.”
- Click the blue “Next” button in the bottom right hand corner and you’ll be able to recommend what apps, music, videos, or books to buy.
- Hit “Next” yet again and review your order.
- Select “Submit” and the gift certificate will appear wrapped on your friend’s timeline until they click on “See Gift Details.”
This new feature furthers Facebook and Apple’s relationship after integrating the social network into iOS 6. iTunes currently features over 700,000 apps and over 28 million songs, videos, and ebooks. Facebook Gifts are still gradually rolling out to all users.
Author: Mike Stenger
Lover of technology, Mike often makes jokes that nobody laughs at.