Social media use continued on the rise in 2013, and social networks like Pinterest saw impressive growth among the e-commerce industry.
Sparefoot examined some of the top stats over the past year, and created an infographic titled “Fascinating Social Media Stats From 2013.”
Here are 13 of those stats:
- 30 percent of traffic from social media is from SlideShare.
- Snapchat declined two multi-billion acquisition offers from Google and Facebook.
- Over 35 million images with the hashtag #Selfie were posted to Instagram.
- L.L. Bean’s Woodland Creatures Pinterest board is the most followed with 4,689,706 followers.
- Pinterest accounted for 41 percent of traffic referred to e-commerce sites.
- Through Pinterest, the average shopper spends $140 to $160, compared to $60 to $80 through Facebook.
- Infographics receive 4x more attention than presentations, and 23x more than documents on SlideShare.
- Twitter has 231.7 million monthly active users who spend an average of 170 minutes per month.
- A branded video on Vine is 4x more likely to be seen than a branded video posted elsewhere.
- 95 percent of Facebook users log in every day.
- Facebook accounts for 15.8 percent of all time spent on the Internet.
- LinkedIn has 259 million users, and nearly 40 percent pay for a premium account.
- Google+ adds 25,000 new users per day or an average of eight new users per second.
To see more social media stats, you can check out the infographic below.